The Altec Veneer Clipper Scanner provides accurate and consistent optimisation of veneer ribbon clipping into sheets based on adjustable specifications. A Camsensor smart camera is used to continuously scan after the lathe to produce the best quality yield from the ribbon, removing defects such as splits, holes, roundup, fishtails and spurs. A separated clipping specification to optimize sheet quality and defect removal versus recovery allows for easy configuration. Additional visual grading specifications provide for additional recovery reporting information and diverter control.
The performance of the Camsensor Veneer Clipper Scanner features the following advantages:
- Consistent scanning/grading at high speeds.
- Seamless integration into the production line, which means a direct interface to the clipper control system.
- Data collection and production reporting, allowing for detailed analysis of processes.
The hardware is tough and smart:
- Vibration, water and dust proof for resilience in the harshest environments.
- Long life and maintenance free LED lighting systems.
- The use of smart camera technology means no additional processing PC is required.
- Local engineering support.