Ride Control Systems
Altec has been designing and supplying safe ride control systems to the entertainment industry for over 15 years. We have supplied ride control systems for some of the world’s most popular rides for customers such as Universal Studios, Disney, Bolliger and Mabillard, Dynamic Structures and others.
Our ride control system design process includes hazard analysis, fault tree analysis, failure mode and effects analysis and the design, programming and testing of controls safety functions. Our ride control systems are designed to meet customer specifications and applicable sections of international standards such as:
- ASTM F2291 – 2017: Standard Practice for Design of Amusement Rides and Devices
- ASTM F1193 – 2017: Standard Practice for Quality, Manufacture, and Construction of Amusement Rides and Devices
- ISO 13814 – Fairground and amusement park machinery and structures – Safety
- GB 8408 – 2008: Amusement Device Safety Code
- Control systems designed to meet ISO 13849-1:2015, which provides safety requirements and guidance on the principles for the design and integration of safety-related parts of control systems
- Working with certification bodies such as TÜV SÜD, CSEI, McLaren Eng.
In addition to the design, programming and supply of ride control systems, we also provide start-up and commissioning, testing, training and third-party reviews.